Welcome to the Flathead Valley Clay Target Club!
Winter League 2021
Winter League 2021 is just around the corner! Are you ready?? We've got a few changes coming for the 2021 season:
- We are limiting the field again to 80 teams so everybody can shoot through in a timely matter. Your $225 sponsorship fee (non-refundable) must be received by the cashier in order to lock in your spot.
- Sign-up sheets may be submitted starting Oct 28. Please do not leave your sheets with the cashier any earlier – we will not be accepting any until Oct 28.
- Sign-up sheets may only be submitted in-person – we will not accept any that are mailed or emailed.
Shooting fees have changed this season. Here is the breakdown:
- Per person:
- Shooting fee: $200 covers the targets and trap personnel
- Membership fee: $55 or $30 for active NRA members (must show proof) or $0 for paid lifetime members. NRA sign-up sheets will be available at the club.
- Per team: $225 sponsorship fee (non-refundable) covers the trophies
Help us help you get through the first week of shooting faster!
- Pay early! If your entire team is paid in full before Week 1, you don't have to wait in line. Just pop up to the window and tell Danii or Beth that your team is here and ready to shoot.
- If you're paying on Week 1, have your form filled out completely and all your money together. Sending up 6 shooters one at a time takes longer to process and makes the lines move slower.
Remember to keep an eye on our web site/Facebook page for updates, especially when there is inclement weather.
The full set of rules & regs can be found on the League page, as well as posted on the board at the club. Don't hesitate to contact any of the board members if you have any questions.
Partial re-open on Jun 3!
Thank you to all shooters for your patience as we all deal with the effects of Covid-19 on our club. As Montana moved to Phase II on Jun 1, the club partially re-opened on Wednesday, Jun 3. Because Phase II limits groups to be no larger than 50 people, only club members will be permitted onsite during this phase (no guests, family members/children who aren't club members, etc.). Thank you for also helping the club to mitigate the spread by maintaining social distancing guidelines.
Winter League standings are finalized
It has been decided that Winter League will be called. All posted scores have been counted and remaining unshot scores were averaged. Winner of ties was determined by raw score. Shooters have the following options for unshot target fees:
- Donate to club
- Donate to youth program
- Use for pre-payment on 2021 winter league fees
- Trade in for punch cards
- Trade in for shells
Trophies can be picked up starting on Jun 3 when the club re-opens.
Check out George's article, "The Basic Shotgunner — A foundation to Build Upon." Reminder that we use the TUBS on the shooting line for you to put your spent hulls in. It has proved to be a saver in both money and time.
2020 Winter League Sponsors
Thank you to returning Winter League sponsors, Sportsman & Ski Haus and Snappy's Sport Senter. They have donated a $25 gift card to be raffled off each week. (Winner need not be present, or have shot that week.) SHOP LOCAL!
SAFETY FIRST! REMEMBER EYE AND EAR PROTECTION IS REQUIRED TO SHOOT OR TO BE IN THE TRAPS. SHOOT WELL!